Instructional Coordinator for Dyslexia
The Instructional Coordinator for Dyslexia is a member of the school’s leadership team.
* Master of Educational Leadership or higher
* Certification in Lindamood Bell LIPS Sensory-Cognitive Functions
* Experience using Orton Gillingham researched methods
* 5+ years of experience working with children with Dyslexia
* 5+ years of experience training special education teachers
* Excellent Communication skills
* Experience with AISF Accreditation
* Experience with research methodologies
* Experience with diverse populations
* Current Florida Teacher Certification
Primary Job Duties:
* Acts as a liaison, local expert, trainer, and coordinator of dyslexia specific strategies using the Orton Gillingham Approach, and Lindamood Bell LIPS Sensory-Cognitive Functions.
* Uses current research to ensure DePaul is using cutting edge tools, curriculum, and strategies to improve the outcomes of students with dyslexia.
* Works with the local universities to participate in research that could enhance our knowledge, practices, and curricula associated with various learning differences.
* Works closely with DePaul teachers, staff, and community to model strategies proven to be effective with students with Dyslexia.
* Fosters a culture of academic excellence.
* Collaborates and implements academic planning and policies.
* Collaborates in the evaluation of teachers.
Send us your resume!